Nature Coast Trail

Nature Coast Trail
Fanning Springs to Chiefland Trail

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nature Coast from Old Towne to Chiefland

November 4, 2012
This is our favorite part of the Nature Coast Trail.  It's flat and through the trees. Old Towne to Fanning Springs (4 miles) crosses the Suwannee River via the old railroad trestle.  It's beautiful.  And a nice place to stop, look at the river and talk to other bikers.  The weather was about 70 degrees--perfect for biking.  And then it's another 9 miles from Fanning Springs to Chiefland.  The reward is the Yum Yum Shop where you can get delicious Working Cow Ice Cream at a reasonable price!  Eat outside on the picnic tables.  26 mile round trip.



447.5 miles thus far

 Photo: The end of the trail reward at Chiefland. 13 miles and 13 to go.

1 comment:

  1. When we were unloading the bikes at the Old Town trailhead, I knocked mine over on the ground, derailleur-side down. It shifted badly the whole trip, with no access to the smallest sprocket on the rear shifter. I feared a major repair. I took it to Bikes & More on 6th St., where I bought the bike. They told me that there was a mounting bracket designed to bend if the bike fell over, and protect the shifter from damage. They bent it back and re-adjusted the shifter, and charged me ... nothing! This is THE best bike shop, with THE best people, that I've ever heard of! Every dealing I've had with them has been totally positive.

    ReplyDelete