Nature Coast Trail

Nature Coast Trail
Fanning Springs to Chiefland Trail

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Finally back on the Nature Coast Trail

What a perfect fall day for an 18 mile ride on this beautiful trail under the trees.  We usually begin our rides sharing a Subway sandwich full of fresh veggies. We started this one late in the afternoon which was perfect.  Parking in Fanning Springs, the middle of the three nature coast trails, we rode nine miles to Chiefland to our favorite reward destination, the Yum Yum Shop!   Then back again.  We almost had the entire trail for ourselves!  It was in the low 80's but felt like 75 on the trail.  Although it's been quite a while since our last ride, it was as good as ever and not difficult!
18 miles today; 609 miles thus far!

1 comment:

  1. Annette. My first visit to the Nature Coast Trail was in early 2011 and I started in Old Town and rode to Highway 19. I ran out of time and couldn't ride any farther. My next visit I will start at Fanning Springs like you did and go towards Chiefland. I love rural trails a lot. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete